- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 100 grams of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons of psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 Teaspoon dried onion
Cauliflower Hash Browns are a great way to make something different with your cauliflower. I often make Cauliflower Rice and even though I really enjoy that, sometimes it is nice to make something different.
These small delicacies make a great side dish and pimp up any dinner table. If you can retain yourself from eating them all, they do a great job as a replacement for sandwich bread and taste great cold as warm. Just yesterday I had them for breakfast with a piece of cheese and an egg on the side.
- Grate the cauliflower – on a grater or in a food processor.
- Mix all the other ingredients into the grated cauliflower and let it rest for 5 minutes making the husk powder settle.
- On a baking sheet lined with baking paper, spread the dough. I filled 2 oven plates making a total of 18 pieces.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 175 degrees.
- Flip them and bake another 20 minutes.
- They are done when they start to brown up a little.
Can be served with almost any dish you like. I had them with a chicken bowl and vegetables and saved some for my breakfast.
They are easy to heat up in a toaster the day after but can also be eaten cold.
Served with a Chicken Bowl
Anything special to remember:
You can try different versions of the seasoning as to what tastes you like. Make sure to get “clean” ingredients. Some seasonings are willed up with additives and taste enhancers. You don’t want that.
Cauliflower: is high in fibre and a good source of antioxidants.