- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 50ml of clean water
- 50ml of sugarfree almond milk
- One small handful of colorful frozen berries like strawberries, mango, or blueberries
- Half a banana
- 20ml of sugarfree almond milk for the topping
- Coconut flakes, goji berries, fresh berries, etc for decoration
When following the Clean-Living Diet you won´t crave snacks in between your meals because you will get and maintain the right energy and blood sugar balance that you need.
This Performance Protein Snack recipe has banana and berries and is therefore in the sweet spectra, you want to indulge in it on special days like when you invite guests for brunch, or as a Sunday breakfast. It also serves very well if you have days with intense workouts.
- Mix chia seeds, water, and almond milk in a container. Allow sitting for 10 minutes.
- Mix the frozen berries, banana, and almond milk together with a blender.
Place the chia cream in a glass, top with the berry cream, and decorate with goji berries and coconut flakes on top.
Anything special to remember:
- You can make the chia cream ready the evening before and keep it in the refrigerator, it makes a great breakfast.
- If you want to cut the carbs you can change the almond milk into full-fat coconut cream. That makes an amazing creamier version.
- You can add pure vanilla extract to the cream or mix all ingredients together if you want it sweeter.
- You can add vegetable protein to the cream for even more proteins (pea, hemp, etc.)
Chia seeds are high in proteins, dietary fiber, omega 3, and calcium.
Berries contain antioxidants.
Goji berries have a high content of beta-carotene and antioxidant Zeaxanthin. Goji berries are emphasized for its content of 18 amino acids (protein molecules) - including the 11 essentials.