- 4 Turkey Legs (mine were approx. 350grams each)
- 1 Spring onion chopped for garnish
- 3 Tablespoons of sugar-free concentrated tomato puree
- 2 Tablespoon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Sukrin Gold (optional)
- 50ml Water
When visiting my butcher yesterday morning a sight of fresh turkey legs meet me and I was not a second in doubt about what to cook for dinner.
Roast Turkey Legs is a true delicacy, when prepared correctly it gets super tender and moist. Whereas when prepared wrongly it tends to be a rather boring experience.
It is all about having the patience, allowing the meat to get enough time on low temperature not to forget to marinate at least a couple of hours. I made a homemade barbecue marinade that made the meat tender and moist and accompanied the Roasted Legs with a simple fresh salad.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Mix the ingredients together in your frying pan and add the turkey thighs into the marinade.
- Allow them to marinate for at least 20 minutes. I did mine for 2 hours.
- Pop in the oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes with a lid on them. If you don't have a lid, cover with some foil.
- Pour the marinade over the thighs every 30 minutes.
- For the last 15 minutes of the frying time, remove the lid and heat up completely. If necessary, use warm air or grill to crispen it a little on the top.
I served with a simple green salad on the side and my Homemade Tasty Artichoke Dip. I made the salad with fresh spinach, a handful of cooked horse beans, 2 strawberries, half a chopped apple, and a dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar.
Anything special to remember:
Invite friends or family to enjoy this feast :)
Turkey is a very rich source of vitamin B6, protein, niacin, and the amino acid tryptophan. Apart from these nutrients, it also contains zinc and vitamin B12.